Have you been doing Surf Smart activities with the girls in your Unit?
Staying safe online is vital; adults and children need to be equipped to do this. Think of it as a survival skill of the 21st century!
WAGGGGS has partnered with anti-virus software company, Symantec, to produce a Surf Smart booklet in order to help girls and women become more aware of online safety.
The Surf Smart pack, which all Leaders should have received in November, is full of great activities and we hope you have been making the most of these! By doing these activities girls should learn about using the internet safely, connecting positively with others and respecting their own rights and reputation in a digital world.
We want our members to be able to identify any online risks and build their own knowledge to equip themselves with the skills to ensure they can enjoy the internet safely. We strongly encourage our members to be computer savvy and to make the most of all that the digital age offers us while staying safe online.
Don’t forget to get your Surf Smart badges, which are free to all IGG Units from the Dublin Distribution Centre, with IGG covering the cost of postage up to June 2017!
Did you know …
· Nearly 40% of the global population uses the internet?
· 8,480 tweets are sent every second?
· 1,701 Instagram photos are uploaded every second?
· 95,156 You Tube videos are viewed every second?
· 2,367,473 emails are sent every second?
· By the year 2020 it is predicted that over 50 billion devices will be connected to the internet, equal to 7 for every person on the planet? Wow!
· Having household internet guidelines reduces the chance of children having a negative online experience by 30%?