Wednesday, 16 November 2016

‘Being unique is a lot more fun than being like everyone else’

My favourite part of the Trail Blazer badge was the life skills section.

Through this section I learned how to deal with peer pressure. I mainly did this through the Free Being Me badge. This programme helped me to learn that everyone doesn’t have a perfect image. Everyone is different and has their own unique body. 

Through Free Being Me I learned that everyone is beautiful in their own way. No one should feel pressured into wearing make-up.

Free Being Me taught me that everyone has their own flaws and blemishes that shouldn’t be hidden away.

Peer pressure, I feel, is everywhere but Free Being Me taught me that being unique is a lot more fun than being like everyone else.

~ Andrea Cotter of Ardilaun Girl Guides, Macroom, delivered this speech at the National Guide Awards in Croke Park

No comments:

Post a Comment